Get Rid of Mold Smell in Front Loader Washing Machine
Do you know how to get rid of mold smell in front loader washing machine? Please See the following tips:
1. The mold smell cause by suds if you use the wrong type of detergent. After using a long time, These suds collect in nooks and crannies and cause mold.
2. Use only a powdered detergent. Tend not to use a liquid material softener. Use dryer sheets as an alternative.
3. Try opening the tiny door at the bottom on the washer. You could possibly must consider out the little rubber tube & remove the stopper that’s in it. Be sure you have a pan or bucket under it. Push the tube in and out a few times and then just let it drain into the bucket.
4. Remove the filter. Occasionally you may need to remove the filter next to the tube and let it run into the bucket as well.
5. Clean your washing machine. Wipe the inside on the washer, especially the area where the door seals to the inside. Mold can collect around the insides and folds of the rubber seals. You could use bleach, Pine-Sol or OxiClean. After applying the solution to the affected area, let it sit for 10-15 minutes before wiping down with a clean, dry rag.
6. Use a quarter cup of dish washing detergent. Powder detergent is best, although liquid can be used if you must. Put the machine on the “sanitary” (hottest water) setting. Let it finish its cycle. This should get rid in the mold completely.
7. Leave the door open between wash loads. This will decrease the mold build-up as it allows the tub to dry completely.